Discuss

Whirlpool Cabrio "Long Drain" problem

in

Washer Repair

. "

Using the manual sidfink43 placed here, I was able to: 1. Remove my agitator to get to a hand towel

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Whirlpool Cabrio "Long Drain" problem

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:36 AM

jviramontez is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thanks

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Using the manual sidfink43 placed here, I was able to:

1. Remove my agitator to get to a hand towel between the basked and the tub.

2. Remove a bra underwire which had lodged in the small section of drain tube.

3. Recalibrate my pressure sensor.

What could have easily set me back a $100-$200 was remedied in just a few hours after getting to this forum...

Thanks to this forum!

-Vaughn

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-05-2013, 12:47 PM

Jon in Texas is on a distinguished road
Default This works

Thanks for your info, the repair sheet was where it was you said. Laid it on its side and was able to reach packet. Recalibration took care of the problem.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:02 PM

MrsC1975 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cabrio washer wont spin or drain

Okay, so I am going on 2 weeks... I have now replaced the drain pump AND the computer board and IT still is having the same issue!!! I am frustrated and dont know what to do.. HELP!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 is a jewel in the rough

MRS C 1975

Please start a new thread, post your model number and a good complete description of the problem and what you have done so far and someone should be able to help you.

Thank you.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:19 AM

Kilalakillgirl2424 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Your an ANGEL! My cabrio platinum washer, husband, and I thank you!

>> Silverfz1<< Thankyou!!!!!!
My cabrio platinum whirlpool washer just did this a few hours ago and after i finally found your thread here, i went and did what you said to do, found the booklet thing taped inside my washer in front but in between the drum and frame, and did exactly what you said.

I unfortunately broke the hand guard off the glass top because i had to flip it upside down out my back door to fully drain it and lost control of it and it slammed down, shaddering that silver hand grip from the glass, but we are going to order a new lid, i was able to glue it back on though so i could complete the steps and more importantly my laundry! Eeeek!

I wanted to add that ive never had problems with it in the almost 6 years ive had it untill i started using liquid detergent in it. I always bought the "PODS" before, but i litterally just started using liquid for the last 4 washes i did before this happened. Could that possibly be one of many causes for this issue?

Nevertheless, im happy I was able to fix the issue with your amazing help and my husband thanks you as well, saved him from having to watch me fill that thing with buckshot and set it on fire. (Hense why the washer ALSO thanks you)
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.