Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnbrennan05  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:41:41 AM(UTC)
johnbrennan05

Groups: Registered

After my wife did a load of wash she complained that the clothes were still wet. I pulled the back panel and verified that the drum would not turn during any part of a wash cycle. I pulled the belt and could easily turn the drum by hand. The motor would not energize or even hum with the belt off.
I found a pdf manual and printed it. I entered diagnostic mode and got codes e09 and e20 indicating loss of continuity between motor control and motor. I got out my fluke meter and checked continuity on 5 wires between the two. All ok. I then put some thin automotive pick probes in the harness connector on the motor and checked a/c voltage. Only 60 volts and only for a few seconds.
My gut feeling is that the control is toast. The motor does not look or smell burned in the least. But before I spend 226 bucks on a control, does anyone have any experience with these Bosch HE machines? Also is there a source of supply for parts in the Detroit area?
Thank you.

John Brennan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.