Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
860smapdi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:38:28 AM(UTC)
860smapdi

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I've got a Kitchenaid KUCP02IRBL1. My problem is that when a solid cycle is run, the ram never comes back up. I've tried cycling the dial to start and it just hums. I've also tried cycling the solid/normal switch to normal. I've disassembled the unit and I've found the when the ram is down and the motor is stopped but humming that I can get the motor to kick on by manual cycling the upper limit switch repeatedly.

I've tested continuity on the wires and the upper limit switch according to the wiring diagram and the switch appears to be functioning. I've also disassembled the centrifugal switch and cleaned the breaker points. That switch appears to be functioning properly also. I tested the run and start windings and they looked ok. The start winding had 3.5ohms which is a bit on the low side but neither of the windings read open.

Can anyone either point out an error in my method or perhaps shed light on which part of the system is at fault? I'm currently leaning on motor start windings.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.