Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Trash Compactor Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/trash-compactor-repair/)
-   -   GE trash compactor ram doesnt return to top (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/trash-compactor-repair/275656-ge-trash-compactor-ram-doesnt-return-top.html)

jlarkins 08-01-2011 10:04 AM

GE trash compactor ram doesnt return to top
 
trash compactor ram is stuck in compacted (down) position and motor still runs. unplugged and will not reset. can stop motor with top off and using the stop limit controller manually. help?

Gene 08-01-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlarkins (Post 498869)
...can stop motor with top off and using the stop limit controller manually...

Can you describe it more detailed please?

Gene.

jlarkins 08-01-2011 03:02 PM

opened the bottom panel and found out the gear drive is cracked in half. assumed that's the problem.

Gene 08-01-2011 03:37 PM

You got it!

You can save almost $40 on the part using the drive gear kit made by Whirlpool. This trash compactor designed by Whirlpool and GE resell Whirlpool made parts.

- The drive gear kit Part number: AP3122987

Part number: AP3122987



Gene.

J.Noble 08-15-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlarkins (Post 498869)
trash compactor ram is stuck in compacted (down) position and motor still runs. unplugged and will not reset. can stop motor with top off and using the stop limit controller manually. help?

I have the same problem. How do you get the ram back up???

J.Noble 08-15-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Noble (Post 509354)
I have the same problem. How do you get the ram back up???

Can't get unit out of wall to repair?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17