Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thatguybry  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 8:28:15 PM(UTC)
thatguybry

Groups: Registered

I'm interested in repairing my Whirlpool freezer. It seems to cool well (down to -5F) but the compressor never stops. I've tried to adjust the thermostat but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The door closes well and all the seals on the door are in good shape.

Would replacing the thermostat resolve the issue? is there a way to tell if it is bad before I replace it?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thatguybry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 10:18:11 AM(UTC)
thatguybry

Groups: Registered

I haven't gotten any replies to my questions, but as I've studied I've been able to resolve my problem. My freezer is now running correctly with the compressor stopping once the freezer reaches about 0F.

The solution was simple - the temperature probe of the thermostat is a long wire. This temperature probe inserts through the isolation of the freezer via a small tube. In my case the freezer had been transported about 100 miles and this tempature probe had vibrated about 1 inch out of place. It was still in the tube and appeared ok, but the exposed straight wire was my clue. The rest of the temperature probe wire was coiled. I pressed it back into place and my problem was solved.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply