Discuss

Common: Top mount freezer too warm, then fridge died.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Okay. I am currently sitting here with the fridge pulled out of it's little nook, so I can't look up

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Common: Top mount freezer too warm, then fridge died.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM

TMPOTTER is on a distinguished road
Question Common: Top mount freezer too warm, then fridge died.
Brand: Roper   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Okay. I am currently sitting here with the fridge pulled out of it's little nook, so I can't look up the model number.
First, about a week ago the freezer stopped freezing anything. It kept things frozen (barely) for a few days, now it won't even cool my sodas.
The fridge portion died only a day or so ago.
The fan still works. There's no frost, but there's a puddle under the fridge.
The compressor in back is so warm that we don't dare touch it.
We suspected dirty or blocked coils, but there was very little dust when we pulled the machine out.
Is it time to retire this old fridge?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.