Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atakin77  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:41:19 AM(UTC)
atakin77

Groups: Registered

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator model number KSRB25FHSS04. Recently my water dispenser would continue to dispense water after the rocker arm was no longer depressed. I purchased a new fitting with the hose and also a new rocker arm. I am able to remove the front cover assembly and disconnect the wiring harness from the cover assembly to the control panel. In looking at the fitting, the hose runs behind the unit, and it must be removed to access the hose fitting inside the door. I am not sure of the name of this "unit" but it is noted as Part #1 on this schematic:

Dispenser front replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRB25FHSS04 | AppliancePartsPros.com

It appears to seal gaps when this unit is placed in the door that a type of spray foam insulation was used. In addition to acting as an insulation, it also is acting as a glue / tape. I have removed all screws securing this to the door.

My question is how to remove this unit from the door to access the hose and fitting behind it. I have tried slightly prying the unit from the door, but it is held in place by this insulation pretty good, and I am concerned about cracking or breaking the unit. How can I remove this from the door?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.