Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rocky56  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 4:56:38 AM(UTC)
Rocky56

Groups: Registered

My refriderator leaks water from under the freezer door. It tends to accummulate in the seal material at the bottom of the door. It doesn't appear to be a continual leak just every now and then there is a puddle under the door. I have taken the interior components of the door off but there is a foam insulator under it and I am afraid to remove it. There is a water and ice despencer on the outside of the door so I assumed a line was leaking in the door itself. I have also removed all the despencer components and everything seemed to be okay. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rocky
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:58:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Rocky,

Check if there is ice chunk on the freezer floor. If there is one then the problem is a clogged and/or frozen drain under the evaporator coils. You can use a hair dryer to defrost it.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire refrigerator Model FRS22ZRGB1

Gene.
Rocky56  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 12:57:21 AM(UTC)
Rocky56

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Rocky,

Check if there is ice chunk on the freezer floor. If there is one then the problem is a clogged and/or frozen drain under the evaporator coils. You can use a hair dryer to defrost it.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire refrigerator Model FRS22ZRGB1

Gene.

Hi,
Yes there is ice at the bottom of the freezer floor. I will try and melt it and see if that stops the leak.

Thanks,
Rocky
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 4:34:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Rocky,

Melting ice on the bottom would not solve the problem. You have to open the drain which is under the evaporator coils.

Gene.
Rocky56  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:01:06 AM(UTC)
Rocky56

Hi Gene,

Well I was able to melt and remove all the ice in the freezer compartment, cleaned the evaporator also. I also went to the back and heated and cleared the drain tube. All was well but within 3 days ice built up again and it started leaking. What else can I do to stop this permanently? The heat bar that goes around the evaporator does get hot, I accidently touched it, could that bar not be heating all the time?

Thanks for your help,
Rocky
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:06:02 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Rocky,

Take a piece of 12GA wire. Remove all insulation. Wrap one end of the wire around the defrost heater (you called it "heat bar") and put the other end into the drain hole.

Gene.
ibcunning  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:43:35 PM(UTC)
ibcunning

Gene I have the same problem. I know this will be a stupid question but where is the evaporator/evaporator coils? Somewhere within the freezer itself, below the unit or do you have to take the back cover off? Thanks!!
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:46:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

ibcunning,

What is the complete model number of the fridge?

Gene.
ibcunning  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 5:30:57 AM(UTC)
ibcunning

Gene,

I called my tenant to get the make and model information but he had trouble finding anything? He said there was a cursive (fancy) H emblem next to the ice/water dispenser in the door. Other than that I had him look inside both sides of the unit and he couldn't find anything. I can't believe there isn't more information somewhere??
DIYMrC  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:49:01 PM(UTC)
DIYMrC

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Rocky,

Melting ice on the bottom would not solve the problem. You have to open the drain which is under the evaporator coils.

Gene.

Thank you Gene for providing this repair information. I was able to use your instructions on my Frigidaire refrig that had the same ice build up at the defrost drain under the evaporator coils as well as on the bottom of the freezer. Hair dryer I would not have thought of it but it worked great. Thanks again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply