Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerryl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:22:12 PM(UTC)
jerryl

Groups: Registered

I purchased a circuit board for my GE ref/freezer side by side model GSH25VGPAWW SERIAL NO. LF208761. The main board is WR55X10942. My question is in the installation instruction step 3 tells me if I have a bottom freezer or an Encoder model with ser. number prefixes LF2, which is the prefix of serial number of my refrigerator, to cut the wire in pin 2. I am not sure if my product is an Encoder model. The serial number matches. Do I cut the wire?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jerryl  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:26:21 PM(UTC)
jerryl

Please reply quickly.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:13:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
As far as I remember the instruction says: "Eliminate thermistor wire in Pin 2 of J1 connector. If no wire in Pin 2, proceed to step 3." Is there a wire in Pin 2?

Gene.
notcool123  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:55:48 AM(UTC)
notcool123

Originally Posted by: jerryl Go to Quoted Post
I purchased a circuit board for my GE ref/freezer side by side model GSH25VGPAWW SERIAL NO. LF208761. The main board is WR55X10942. My question is in the installation instruction step 3 tells me if I have a bottom freezer or an Encoder model with ser. number prefixes LF2, which is the prefix of serial number of my refrigerator, to cut the wire in pin 2. I am not sure if my product is an Encoder model. The serial number matches. Do I cut the wire?

I am running into the same situation. My serial number matches the list, however, my controls are digital and not manual. Hence, mine is not an encoder model, but the serial number is on the list. My gut says dont cut the wire.

Model number is also same as yours. What did you end up doing?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply