Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankAK  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:49:06 PM(UTC)
FrankAK

Groups: Registered

GE Profile side x side PSC23SGNA-BS
The water /Ice dispenser dosen't work at all
The only indication is a bliking light above the water selector switch. Refrig, freezer, ice maker and control panel in refrigerator section work.
Already tried replacing the dispenser control panel AP3203232.(no joy)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:17:44 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

Originally Posted by: FrankAK Go to Quoted Post
GE Profile side x side PSC23SGNA-BS
The water /Ice dispenser dosen't work at all
The only indication is a bliking light above the water selector switch. Refrig, freezer, ice maker and control panel in refrigerator section work.
Already tried replacing the dispenser control panel AP3203232.(no joy)

I guess we'll have to ask the obvious...what is the blinking light indicating?
If the problem is no power, check your connections at the top or bottom of door. If power is ok, I would check the actuator switch.

Furthermore, and dont be offended, but if you didnt put the dispenser back together properly when you replaced the control board, and if you dont know how its syupposed to fit together, you might have, and that may be the reason it still no longer works..

check your own work first since you do not perform refrigerator repair
FrankAK  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:16:48 PM(UTC)
FrankAK

Hi Dr,
Thanks for the quick reply. The light is actually the one that comes on when you select water, ice. crush, etc. (1 of 8 lites). This happens to be the green light just above the water select switch. At first I thought that it was a total power failure to the control board but having a single light blinking kind of nixes that.
I had the same indications before changing out the CB with the new one.
Being that the new CB had the same indications and didn't change anything I reinstalled the original CB (I still have the same single blinking light.
The dispenser pressure switch and glass light do not work either.
Not having a manual I was wondering if the mother board could be the base cause but I'm hoping that there is a switch or something else in the circuit that could be at fault before guessing at a costly part replacement
FridgeDoctor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:30:15 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

Hi Dr,
Thanks for the quick reply. The light is actually the one that comes on when you select water, ice. crush, etc. (1 of 8 lites). This happens to be the green light just above the water select switch. At first I thought that it was a total power failure to the control board but having a single light blinking kind of nixes that.
I had the same indications before changing out the CB with the new one.
Being that the new CB had the same indications and didn't change anything I reinstalled the original CB (I still have the same single blinking light.
The dispenser pressure switch and glass light do not work either.
Not having a manual I was wondering if the mother board could be the base cause but I'm hoping that there is a switch or something else in the circuit that could be at fault before guessing at a costly part replacement

Part Details - GE Switch, part number: AP3191616
ecwynne  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:50:11 AM(UTC)
ecwynne

Originally Posted by: FridgeDoctor Go to Quoted Post

I have a similiar problem with my GE Monogram S/S ZFSB26DNASS fridge. What does the blinking light over the water button mean since no other buttons work and no water or ice can be dispensed ?
FrankAK  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:36:29 AM(UTC)
FrankAK

The problem was the wire harness at the freezer door (by the bottom hinge) was corroded and the wiring shorted. I fixed it by cutting out the corroded connector and connecting the wiring using compression splices from radio shack. Cost less than 50 cents to fix.
ecwynne  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:22:25 PM(UTC)
ecwynne

The problem was the wire harness at the freezer door (by the bottom hinge) was corroded and the wiring shorted. I fixed it by cutting out the corroded connector and connecting the wiring using compression splices from radio shack. Cost less than 50 cents to fix.

Thanks I will try that since it could be a qucik fix
RicharL  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:26:33 PM(UTC)
RicharL

I had the exact same problem with my arctic refrigerator. The conduit that houses wires from door was full water and the connection in wire harness was completely corroded. Cut it and connected like FrankAK suggested and presto we are back in business. Thanks!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply