Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nate8816  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:40:21 PM(UTC)
nate8816

Groups: Registered

when the ice maker makes ice it drips water in the ice tray causing every thing to freeze together and the auger motor freezes up to:mad: :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nate8816  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:42:13 PM(UTC)
nate8816

i am wondering how to fix the water dripping problem after the ice maker makes ice
FridgeDoctor  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2010 3:05:39 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

Originally Posted by: nate8816 Go to Quoted Post
when the ice maker makes ice it drips water in the ice tray causing every thing to freeze together and the auger motor freezes up to:mad: :(

you probably have a bad water valve, that does not close properly after the ice maker has called for water. However, you may also have a bad ice maker as well. The ice maker should energize the valve for 8-10 seconds. If the valve is energized for longer, you have a bad ice maker, the motor is slow. If the valve is only energized for 8-10 seconds but still continues to allow water flow, you have a bad valve that does not close after energized.

There is always the possibility too that the ice maker due to the excess water, could also be bad, and replacing both the ice maker and the valve may be necessary.

Without personal inspection, I cannot help you determine which.
jaybaileys  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:37:59 PM(UTC)
jaybaileys

Originally Posted by: FridgeDoctor Go to Quoted Post
you probably have a bad water valve, that does not close properly after the ice maker has called for water. However, you may also have a bad ice maker as well. The ice maker should energize the valve for 8-10 seconds. If the valve is energized for longer, you have a bad ice maker, the motor is slow. If the valve is only energized for 8-10 seconds but still continues to allow water flow, you have a bad valve that does not close after energized.

There is always the possibility too that the ice maker due to the excess water, could also be bad, and replacing both the ice maker and the valve may be necessary.

Without personal inspection, I cannot help you determine which.

I have a similar problem with my ice maker. It drips in the front making the ice cubes stick together. It still makes ice fine except I constantly have to break the icicle off and throw out huge chunks of ice.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply