Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FreezerBurn  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2008 4:18:35 PM(UTC)
FreezerBurn

Groups: Registered

I have an eleven year old GE side-by-side freezer/fridge with original icemaker model WR30X0318 which leaks water into the ice bin that freezes and keeps the auger from rotating. I ordered parts to repair the ice bin, which fit perfectly. Additionally, I ordered a new icemaker assembly part #AP4345120 (GE part #WR30X10093) which appears to be a universal icemaker for several GE models. I installed this new icemaker, but when it calls for water, the fill cup cannot contain the water, even with reduced water pressure. The fill cup also is for a universal installation and it appears to be more shallow than the original and it has a huge hole drilled into the side opposite from where the water enters... the original fill cup has only a small cutout for the fill tube and no other holes in it. The original fill cup will not fit on the new icemaker. My entire freezer became a waterfall. I was able to find the original GE icemaker parts on your webite, but not the assembled icemaker. Any suggestions on the fill cup?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 1:56:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I used to use an aluminum selfadhesive foil to reduce the opening in the fill cup.

Gene.
FreezerBurn  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 2:31:24 PM(UTC)
FreezerBurn

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Gene, for the reply. I worked on this problem over the holiday weekend with no good results. The foil tape does help contain water in the fill cup, but something just is not right with the GE universal icemaker... when it calls for water to fill the tray, water runs out of the tray and into the freezer. I thought water was only spilling from the fill cup. I triple checked that the icemaker was level. I reinstalled the original icemaker and it holds water just fine. The problem with the original icemaker is that water drips into the ice bin, which creates a huge frozen glacier around the auger. Could the problem with the original icemaker be that the mold/heater has a hot spot in one area? I get ice from the icemaker, but it's always watery on the surface when it's ejected from the tray. I really would like to send back the GE replacement icemaker for a refund because I have mopped out my freezer three times this past weekend.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 1:01:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you use the new plastic water feeding tube which comes with the new ice maker?

If water is leaking from the mold then the ice maker is defective and has to be exchanged under the part warranty.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply