Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spgalante  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 4:22:49 PM(UTC)
spgalante

Groups: Registered

When the water dispenser switch is activated, the switch doesn't shut off when the glass is removed. We have to poke or pinch the semi-soft rubber cover over the actuator switch to make it stop.

I have the repair manual, which of course doesn't address this issue. My question is what part to replace: the rubber cover, or the switch itself. If the latter, what is the part number? On the Diagram and Parts list for the Foundation for this model, the control seems to be item 14. However, that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the parts listed under number 14 in the parts list.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

m157  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:41:14 PM(UTC)
m157

I had the same problem. I replaced the rubber cover and switch, which worked for a few months, but I ended up adding a spring to 'help' the rubber cover. Please see my longer response here:

http://forum.appliancepartspros...ispenser.html#post232282
spgalante  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 6:26:21 PM(UTC)
spgalante

Thanks very much for the tip. I'll try replacing the rubber cover and will see how that works. If it becomes necessary to add a spring later, I'll do that. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply