Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thc888  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 9:46:52 AM(UTC)
thc888

Groups: Registered

This is a side by side GE refrigerator model GSH22UFREBB. It recently starts have irregular temperture problem in the fresh food section and the freezer. The probem seems to come for the system of detecting temperature and starting the motor. The visible sign comes form a loud clicking noise (from a relay type) for at least 10 to 15 times before the motor can start. Once it goes on, it takes a long time to shut down and we will find liquid fozen in the fresh food section, even though the setting is at 4 out of 9. Then, it does not go on till the food gets warm. Any thought about potential problem with the relay start switch in the sealed system and mother board compartment or the temperature control switch? Thanks.GSH22UFREBB
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 4:02:33 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

the start device for the compressor is configured within the contents of the main PCB board. Now I cant say with any certainty, without personal inspection, that the board is the problem, but a common refrigerator repair to your model with those symptoms is a bad board.
thc888  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 5:49:30 PM(UTC)
thc888

Originally Posted by: FridgeDoctor Go to Quoted Post
the start device for the compressor is configured within the contents of the main PCB board. Now I cant say with any certainty, without personal inspection, that the board is the problem, but a common refrigerator repair to your model with those symptoms is a bad board.

Thank you for your reply and great advice. Just curious, would the "relay start" or the "over load switch" within the "seal system and mother board" compartment would also be the potential sources of problem? or most like will be the main control board/"mother board"? Thank you again for your advice.
FridgeDoctor  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 6:09:50 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

I already answered that question, re read my last response sir.
thc888  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:28:33 AM(UTC)
thc888

Thank you. Already ordered the board and will post result once it is installed.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply