Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray1605  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 5:23:11 AM(UTC)
ray1605

Groups: Registered

Condeser fan has 13vdc at only one pin at J2 at mother board. Obviously it needs 13vdc at 2 pins. Am replacing fan motor & board. The board is set up a lot different in the picture. Is this an improvement on the board or adapting another board to fit? I'm a retired heavy equipment mechanic with 30 yrs exp. with boards like these, only they were running 500ton cranes.

THANX
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:48:22 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

if you ordered the parts for your specific model, the board may have a different orientation, but will have all the same plugs. When I perform these types of refrigerator repairs the new board rarely looks like the original.
My only question is if you did indeed not have the correct voltages, why are you replacing the fan motor? Does the motor not ohm out?
ray1605  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:58:47 PM(UTC)
ray1605

Groups: Registered

already replaced fan motor,not realizing I needed 2- 13vdc inputs . Ohm'd the wiring from the board J2 to the motor, am leaving the new motor and ordered a new board. It all started when I found door seal area very hot. Frige is in very closed up area, rolled it out to check cooling area, found it pretty well clogged with dust. I vacuumed it out , saw how much this condenser depends on a fan with clean airflow. Will now clean back there often. I appreciate the response.

THANX
FridgeDoctor  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:29:24 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

that dust clogged condenser may have added to the problem, but that incorrect voltage reading, i.e. 0v and the of course, the fan not running, was the main crux of the issue
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply