Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
langstonha  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:55:10 AM(UTC)
langstonha

Groups: Registered

I've replaced the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater and it still just gets very cold and does not cycle the fan off at any time and the frost keeps building. I think it may be the main board. Now what?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:54:36 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

you said it "still just gets very cold", if its too cold in refrigerator, your problem is not a defrost related issue, so I hate to point out the obvious but you wasted money on those not too cheap parts.

Why dont you instead tell us everything you have noticed and performed, be as specific as possible, and include any and all small and possibly unrelated symptoms. Only then can we help you perform refrigerator repair

FYI, my Chicagoland refrigerator repair house call charge would have cost you less then what you spent on those parts
langstonha  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:57:11 AM(UTC)
langstonha

Groups: Registered

Well it seems that I'd plugged the new defrost hearter ( a dual element) in with the pink out front and the blue in the back. When I reversed the plugs it started doing it's thing. Now what were u saying about bought the wrong parts? Any other suggestions for this topic? If not this post is closed. Thank you.
FridgeDoctor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:39:06 AM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

that heater is on an A/C circuit, which means it does not matter which terminal you plug the blue wire or pink wire into, front or back or vice versa. If it wasn't working before, then you didn't have the plugs in securely.

Remember too, we are trying to help you, FOR FREE, so check the attitude at the door.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply