Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
reliableapp  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:50:19 PM(UTC)
reliableapp

Groups: Registered

Replaced ice maker as the motor was shot. Installed new ice maker but have no ice after 48 hours. Emitter and receiver check out okay, as does inlet valve. Tried to initiate harvest cycle by jumping T and H, but nothing happens. This same thing happened with another fridge a couple of months ago. What am I missing???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 2:47:07 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

Well, the problem could lie within those optic boards, despite passing an optic test. That only means the optics are good, not necessarily the boards. Plus, depending on the year of your model, your fill tube could have been frozen, due to a design flaw. You can check this by pulling fridge out, marking the top of the cabinet with the entry point of the water line near the top, middle portion behind the unit. if it enters within the fresh food side of the divider wall in front, you should be ok as far as the water line freezing, but you probably have to replace your optic boards, if it enters within the freezer side, that fact may be the cause of your problem, and you need to install a fill tube heater. I can help you with your refrigerator repair if you live in Chicago or Chicago Suburbs if you decide you want expert help.
reliableapp  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 4:35:33 PM(UTC)
reliableapp

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: FridgeDoctor Go to Quoted Post
Well, the problem could lie within those optic boards, despite passing an optic test. That only means the optics are good, not necessarily the boards. Plus, depending on the year of your model, your fill tube could have been frozen, due to a design flaw. You can check this by pulling fridge out, marking the top of the cabinet with the entry point of the water line near the top, middle portion behind the unit. if it enters within the fresh food side of the divider wall in front, you should be ok as far as the water line freezing, but you probably have to replace your optic boards, if it enters within the freezer side, that fact may be the cause of your problem, and you need to install a fill tube heater. I can help you with your refrigerator repair if you live in Chicago or Chicago Suburbs if you decide you want expert help.

Thanks for your quick reply. I went and got the 2 boards and replaced them both. Nothing changed. This is also not a 'frozen line' problem. I put water in the ice tray itself. Now there are ice cubes in the tray which never harvest. This evening I jumped "T" and "H" and the dial would not spin. Is there anything else I can do?
FridgeDoctor  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 4:43:31 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

be patient. leave it alone for 24 hours.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply