Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ciaocristina  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2010 1:00:53 PM(UTC)
ciaocristina

Groups: Registered

this is a stand alone icemaker that is making to much ice...the sheets of ice keep coming on to the cutters but there is no room for the ice to fall into resevoir and the sheets of ice keep piling up and overloading the unit. I have to turn off the unit and physically take out the uncut sheets of ice that have accumulated on top of the cutter. I know that it should be something simple, I called kitchenaid who told me about the handle type gaget that is on the right side of the ice resevoir that has to be in an upright position (it is like an plastic coated elbow on a little harness) I did that but it did not help, i have a feeling that is the sensor and that it is defective and needs to be replaced, but i cant find it in your parts guide. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Thankyou:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.