Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbrenna  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:07:18 AM(UTC)
rbrenna

Groups: Registered

The ice dispenser started going intermittant about a month ago. Then the water dispenser went intermittant. Now both of them do not work at all. (It makes plenty of ice. It just doesn't dispence it). The light is the only thing that seems to work. I have replaced the front panel with the circuit board. The problem still exists. Does anyone have the schematics or drawings for this appliance? Better yet, has anyone seen this problem before.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:17:43 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Take off the plastic cover at the top of the freezer door hinge, it's held on by 1 screw, and tell me if there is a wire plug up there.
rbrenna  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:03:24 PM(UTC)
rbrenna

Yes. There are two connectors. (1) - 6 pin circular (center pin not used) and a 3 pin Molex. The 3 pin Molex is unused
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:10:42 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

disconnect the circular plug, and on the female connectors,( the connector that goes to the box, not the door) pinch the ends with pliers. Not to much, but enough to make sure they fit snug when you plug it back in. Plug the connector back in and let me know if that fixed it. If it did not, pinch them again. Remember, not to hard, and don't forget to unplug the refridgerator before doing this!!!
rbrenna  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 3:16:09 AM(UTC)
rbrenna

I disconnected the circular connector. Examined it for any signs of arcing. It all looked good. I very carefully, pressed the female pins tighter to allow better contact. I also sprayed both sides with contact cleaner. The problem still exists. Would you happen to have a wiring diagram for this portion of the appliance? I would like to ring out the whole system. Check voltages at all connections and test points. Would you happen to know what the voltages at the Molex connector should be (the connector next to the circular connector)? Also, where does that harness wind up? Does it go directly to the area where the auger motor is or does it make its way through relays mounted elsewhere? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
abadfish66  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 10:09:38 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Serial#....Also, should have asked this in the begining, when you set the display for water or ice and you try to get a glass of water or ice, do the dispenser lights and the dispenser light dim when depressing?
abadfish66  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 10:12:24 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Also when pushing in to get ice or water, do you hear a click from the switch engaging?
rbrenna  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 2:27:41 PM(UTC)
rbrenna

Yes, the lights dim. The switch clicks when the outside lever is depressed. The lights dim in response to the lever being depressed. I think it is safe to assume that the switch is truly being activated. I don't know what kind of switch it is (spdt or dpdt).
abadfish66  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 4:39:52 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Get me your serial#, also remove your dispenser light bulb and see if that works....
rbrenna  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:25:04 AM(UTC)
rbrenna

Removing the light bulb makes no difference.
The Serial Number is: LH226738
The Model Number is: GSL25IFRF

Can I assume you can not forward the wiring diagram to me?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply