Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rdw  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2008 7:12:11 PM(UTC)
rdw

Groups: Registered

Hi
i recently got this non-working Frigidaire Gallery Fridge. After the service man installed a new relay and overload protector everything is working fine. I had a frozen waterline in the back so took off the back panel and noticed the run capacitor wasn't installed, mounted but wires disconnected. I called the shop and was told it was not needed. I think it does... Where do i connect the wires to? I checked the internet and I can't find any illustrated diagrams

thanks in advance

Ron
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 2:39:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Warning, your run capacitor adds run toque to the motor. Without the run capacitor, it will eventually fail, particularly if the line voltage goes lower for a decent period.
This run capacitor is wired in between the run and start pins of the compressor, usually between the two wires going to the compressor start device.
All the modern compressor run capacitors I have seen are 15 micro farad and contained in a black narrow box.
This capacitor is usually mounted near the compressor and will be shown on the schematic.
rdw  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 6:34:34 PM(UTC)
rdw

Groups: Registered

Thanks Richappy!!! That did the trick..... not sure if the part was oem or not but only had one prong to connect. my parts came in and i connected like you said and everything works Great!!!!!

thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply