Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flyers91  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 6:01:22 AM(UTC)
flyers91

Groups: Registered

Noticed the hot area between doors indicating too much heat. I cleaned the condenser coils under fridge well but his did not solve. Opened back of fridge to find overly heated compressor. Noticed fan not working. I set up plug-in fan and retired for the evening. In the morning, condenser fan was on! Took away the plug-in fan. After while, condenser fan not working and compressor again became overly heated. I replaced condenser fan. It initially came on, then off, and it stayed off. Set up the plug-in fan again. Went to bed. New condenser fan was working this morning! Seems signal telling fan to come on with the compressor is somehow intermittan as the fan motors do run but won't restart with compressor. What might be causing? control board? Condenser control unit (inverter box)?? Help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 7:34:27 AM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

Due to the intermittent nature of your problem, I would advise having a qualified refrigerator repair service inspect and diagnose your problem. I would not recommend trying different parts, since you cannot return electrical parts, that will get very expensive, much more than the service call will be. If you are in the Chicago area, we have one of the lowest service calls in the area.
flyers91  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:59:49 AM(UTC)
flyers91

Groups: Registered

Thanks. I am leaning that way but first I was going to try and visually inspect one more potential cause to see if there is something that is showing signs of burn or being blown. This particular fridge looks to have a part called "invertor box" which is described elsewhere as a condenser control unit (AP4308835) and a circuit board in the control parts diagram which is housed inside the interior control panel (AP3773712). Which of these two items would be responsible for condenser fan motor control? My only thought is that if the fan does function and it does so intermittently, perhaps the part responsible for sending the message to the fan may be the culprit. If I can isolate the part I can at least look at it to see if there is something obvious. If all looks like it should, I will get the experts out. Is my logic flawed? I may be completely off base on not even know it. Thanks for any help/assist you are providing. much appreciated.
FridgeDoctor  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:41:26 AM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

the fact that it is intermittent you will not see any physical signs of what is happening, which is why its intermittent. Its possible its one of those parts you mentioned, the former is near the compressor, the latter is inside the fresh food section. The former would be the control that operates the fan motor, but it could also be a wiring issue as well.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply