Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkern30  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 2:01:26 AM(UTC)
jkern30

Groups: Registered

this is the second ice maker this fridge has had in the last couple years. so here is the problem. fridge was tripping the GFI outlet that it was plugged into. found that the icemaker had about 1 inch of ice in the bottom of it like it had overfilled and the froze. cleaned it out and dried it, some of the copper connection around the motor had corrosion on them. cleaned them with fine sand paper, pencil eraser and contact cleaner, still no workey. no voltage between the test point on the ice maker and did not run when i shorted the other points with a wire as indicated in other posts on here. so i checked the voltage in the connector, only 35 volts between the black and white wires. i think i have read that is supposed to be 120v coming in. this is with the door open or shut! any thoughts of what could be worng, or how to further trobleshoot the issue. i have spent countless hours reading and researching and seems there has never been a problem like this before!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.