Discuss

Water Thawing Then Freezes???? In Fridge???

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Hi there I really hope that you can help me solve this problem: My Roper 18cfoot 2 door refridgerator(freezer on

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Water Thawing Then Freezes???? In Fridge???

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 02:32 PM

TeeTee is on a distinguished road
Default Water Thawing Then Freezes???? In Fridge???
Brand: Roper   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi there I really hope that you can help me solve this problem:

My Roper 18cfoot 2 door refridgerator(freezer on top, fridge on bottom, NOT A SIDE BY SIDE) is draining water into my fridge compartment via the back interior wall. I have to put a dish there to catch the water and I cannot put anything on the shelves at the back of the fridge??? Some times I empty the dish and it is water and others it is frozen???? I did notice that there is a type of spring on the roof of the fridge and it is sometimes frosty?? Sorry if this is cofusing its hard to explain when I dont know the names of the components .
I can get the model number if you require that, but if it helps at all to know that it is the kind that can have a water hookup to make ice, although I have never had that option (in the 7 years I have rented here with the same fridge) I do have a drip tray in the bottom of the fridge on the exterior but it has not had any water in it for some time???
I do remember in the past I did empty that out but it didnt need to be emptyed very often at all. PLEASE HELP

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

abadfish66 is a glorious beacon of light

What you have is a frozen drain tube in the freezer section. This is the tube that the defrost drain water runs through and goes to the drip pan you are talking about. If you get me the model#, I can explain how to fix this.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Hi there! Thanks so much for the quick response. I thought that by unplugging the fridge for 10 mins and replugging it in did the trick because the fridge was dry all day until I just went to get the model number for you and the little dish that I have in the back of the fridge was almost full of water!!???
here is the model # RT18ECRFWO1 It is a Roper white on white fridge with seperate freezer on top.
I had the fridge pull out from the wall on Saturday to see if I could see the drain hose but the back of the fridge is all flat and there are no exposed parts?????
thanks so very much again!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Model RT18ECRFW01

Your gonna need to remove the back panel of the freezer section, this diagram should help. When you get it off, you will see your evaperator coils, now the drain hole should be at the bottom. You will need to remove the ice from the floor, and locate the hole. You can use a hair dryer to help melt some of the ice, then get a turkey baster and some hot water and shoot the water down the hole until it is free of obstruction, it may take a while, so be patient. Once you clear the drain your problems will be gone, good luck and ask if you nedd more help.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 PM

Oh my gosh thanks very much! But I really dont see it in a diagram??? help please lol

And where am I removing a back panel? inside the freezer or out side on the back? I ask because the one on the back goes all the way from top to bottom not just in the area where the freeezer is????

Last edited by TeeTee : 06-09-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You wont see it on the diagram, remove the panel in the freezer section, remove all shelves, and using the diagram locate the screws to remove, and you will see the defrost drain.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 AM

Thanks so very much.....I will let u know how I make out.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Good luck

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.