Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Whirlpool John  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:05:52 PM(UTC)
Whirlpool John

Groups: Registered

Side by side refrigerator door does not have the feel of a vacuum seal as the freexer side does. Everything seems to be cool/cold enough by temperature in unit.

Door closes but is not tight feeling as it usually has been.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

microman1962  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:15:10 PM(UTC)
microman1962

Groups: Registered

check the seal and alignment of the door, sometimes what works really good is to run a thin film pof vasaline on the door gaket , it works well, old trick from many years in the business,let me know how you make out and good luck..john
FridgeDoctor  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:20:42 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

that Vaseline "trick" is NOT a fix, its a handyman's jerry rigged idea, not to mention a big mess every time you open the door. A qualified refrigerator repair service would instead, actually inspect the door gasket to frame seal all along all four sides of the door, pull the fridge out to see the side against the wall. We would then take a look at the bottom inside portion of the fresh food section with a flash light, to look for any scratches that would be the result of the fresh food door rubbing along the inner liner at the last point of closure. Normally this occurs when the nylon cam riser on the bottom of the door wears out or breaks apart completely. this cam riser system uses the doors own weight to close completely.

This I can almost guarantee is your problem. and one that will cost your self less than $10 in parts, though i do recommend you replace the lower hinge as well, and if the door stop looks cracked, i would replace that too. if you replaced all on your own, less than $40 i think.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply