Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ncaruso  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 8:31:33 AM(UTC)
ncaruso

Groups: Registered

I can get water but no ice. We just changed the filter yesterday and still no change. The ice maker sensor light is blinking red.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 10:00:27 AM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

That model Kenmore is actually made by Whirlpool, and a very common problem with those models that have the ice bucket in the door, is the electric eye beam boards, both the emitter and the receiver boards, fail. press the emitter flap flush against left side wall, without blocking beam, the red light should now be glowing steady instead of blinking 2x, followed by a pause when the emitter flap is extended. YOu can further test if the emitter board, on the left, is emitting its infrared beam, if you have a digital camera, even one on your cell phone, point camera at emitter board, depress emitter flap, you should see the infrared light through your camera. This test only determines if the emitter board is emitting its beam. This will not determine if the receiver board has failed, which can and does happen. Its also not out of the possibility that a short in one of these boards, I personally think it could be due to condensation, it is in the freezer afterall, but this short can also damage the electrics in the ice maker itself.
I would highly recommend you have a qualified refrigerator repair service inspect and diagnose your problem, as you can spend more if you try to parts your way to a solution, since you cannot return electrical parts.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply