Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonwells  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:15:36 PM(UTC)
jonwells

Groups: Registered

The ice maker works, but apparently is leaking water which quickly builds an "iceberg" under the front of the mechanism and will eventually jam it. Is the fill valve on the back of the refrigerator? And should I time it? If a new ice maker is needed, any idea of the lead time? Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

craigsal  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 7:47:23 AM(UTC)
craigsal

Oddly enough I have the same refrig/freezer and ice maker problem.

I'm searching for solutions. Have you received one yet? Does the valve need replacement?

The water fills and ices fine but there is a slow drip from the fill tube that ices up at the inlet to the ice tray causing the fill tube to freeze then I end up with a spitting water on the back of the fridge reaking havovc on mr floor.
jonwells  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 5:02:52 PM(UTC)
jonwells

No responses yet. I think mine drips continually, at the front of the icemaker (near the door). So it freezes in the ice tray and rapidly builds up the iceberg in addition to the cubes. My suspicion is that I'll need a new icemaker - but I can't find the exact refrigerator model number that I have.

Jon

Originally Posted by: craigsal Go to Quoted Post
Oddly enough I have the same refrig/freezer and ice maker problem.

I'm searching for solutions. Have you received one yet? Does the valve need replacement?

The water fills and ices fine but there is a slow drip from the fill tube that ices up at the inlet to the ice tray causing the fill tube to freeze then I end up with a spitting water on the back of the fridge reaking havovc on mr floor.
mwiles  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2010 12:25:08 PM(UTC)
mwiles

my whirlpool frig ice maker does the same thing. I took the water valves out cleaned them same results
dhenze  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:01:38 AM(UTC)
dhenze

I'm having the same problem with a Whirlpool side by side. The ice maker works, but doesn't totally shut off creating the iceberg that was previously stated. I've just replaced the water inlet valve, but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply