Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
suthrncumfort1976  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:44:34 AM(UTC)
suthrncumfort1976

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Artica Profile, and Im having similar problems as everyone else....The ice maker wont make ice, but I can get water from the door...the green light is constantly on, but the icemaker won't fill up with water, thus no ice is being made...I'm kinda thinking there's a problem with the feeler arm too, but not sure .... is there anything I can do aside from replacing the entire icemaker? I'm in good with an appliance company, and I can get the whole thing for less than 80 bucks, but dont wanna spend it if I can avoid it...I appreciate any suggestions y'all might have, thanks...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:27:59 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: suthrncumfort1976 Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE Artica Profile, and Im having similar problems as everyone else....The ice maker wont make ice, but I can get water from the door...the green light is constantly on, but the icemaker won't fill up with water, thus no ice is being made...I'm kinda thinking there's a problem with the feeler arm too, but not sure .... is there anything I can do aside from replacing the entire icemaker? I'm in good with an appliance company, and I can get the whole thing for less than 80 bucks, but dont wanna spend it if I can avoid it...I appreciate any suggestions y'all might have, thanks...

Just be sure that the plastic tube that puts the water into the icemaker in the freezer is not frozen. If not replkace the icemaker. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
suthrncumfort1976  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 1:24:23 PM(UTC)
suthrncumfort1976

K, thawed out the water line, and the tray filled I think, but it doesn't seem to want to go into harvest mode, like it wont dump the ice it just made...any ideas? Still have a solid green light...
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:49:41 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

K, thawed out the water line, and the tray filled I think, but it doesn't seem to want to go into harvest mode, like it wont dump the ice it just made...any ideas? Still have a solid green light...

Give it time, about 12 hours. I don't know if you defrosted the water tube from the inside or outside. If you did it on the inside, some of that heat hit the icemaker. We usually tell people, when we install a new Icemaker to give it 24 hours. Let me know what you find. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
suthrncumfort1976  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:44:39 PM(UTC)
suthrncumfort1976

yea man, it's been 24 hours...there is ice in the tray, but it just wont dump...it filled up the one time, made ice, and the ice has been sittin in there ever since, it never dumped into the bin...im startin to think about just replacing the whole works, unless u have any other ideas
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:01:48 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

yea man, it's been 24 hours...there is ice in the tray, but it just wont dump...it filled up the one time, made ice, and the ice has been sittin in there ever since, it never dumped into the bin...im startin to think about just replacing the whole works, unless u have any other ideas

I would replace the icemaker. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
suthrncumfort1976  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:02:15 AM(UTC)
suthrncumfort1976

Ok, do you mean after I thaw out the line to give it 24 hours before I turn the icemaker on?? Cuz I just turned it on right away...should I thaw out the line, leave the maker off and let the freezer cool back down before I turn the icemaker back on?
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:06:43 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Ok, do you mean after I thaw out the line to give it 24 hours before I turn the icemaker on?? Cuz I just turned it on right away...should I thaw out the line, leave the maker off and let the freezer cool back down before I turn the icemaker back on?

No, when you put in a new icemaker the factory says to give it 24 hours, before it starts dumping. You just need to replace the icemaker, if it has ice in it, and it ain't dumping. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply