Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
helpneeded22  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:42:07 PM(UTC)
helpneeded22

Groups: Registered

I have a Kitchen Aid fridge that has stopped cooling.

When I plug it in, I can hear a low hum, like it would normally sound when it is plugged in and running. Later I will hear what sounds like a motor starting, and will stay on for about 5-10 seconds and then shut off. It will then try to start up again about 10 minutes later. It will continue this cycle about 10 times, at which time the internal alarm will go on.

I have trying unplugging and reseting the fridge with no luck.

I think part of the problem may have been that several can of pop were put in front of one of the vents inside the fridge, nearly completely blocking it.

I was told that I would probably have to replace the "fuse". From looking at the parts I am suspecting that the reference to a fuse is either to the Starting Device Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Starting device kit, compressor, part number: AP3885081 or the Overload Relay Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Starting device kit, compressor, part number: AP3885081

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be, before I go out and buy these parts to experiment?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.