Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GEHELP30  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:30:08 AM(UTC)
GEHELP30

Groups: Registered

I have a GE fridge that continues to give me issues. I have a friend who is a technician that believes it would be the motherboard. The freezer continues to shut down, blowing only warm air after a while, then the remainder of the fridge eventually goes warm after a while. The compressor and other components are fine. When looking at the motherboard, it seems as though the motherboard was touching bare metal, causing it to short out. He feels that the fridge was jarred a bit, and caused the motherboard to have occaissional contact, shorting it out. IS this a problem that anyone else is seeing? I would love to know, before investing in a new fridge.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.