Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Refrigerator & Freezer Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/)
-   -   how do I replace water line in freezer door of whirlpool side by side (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/83573-how-do-i-replace-water-line-freezer-door-whirlpool-side-side.html)

Todd Overton 03-15-2010 02:03 PM

how do I replace water line in freezer door of whirlpool side by side
 
how do I replace the water line in the freezer door because it has been broken inside the door and it leaks when I use the water dispenser?

Gene 03-15-2010 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Todd,

The instructions are attached to the reply.

- The water tube Part number: AP3108776

Part number: AP3108776



Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ED22TEXHW00 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

RMC 04-17-2010 08:51 AM

I apparently have the same or similar problem. I can get water to dispense at the union at the base of the fridge, but there must be a plug or break in the line between the union and the door dispenser.

Gene, how do you install the new fill line? How do you route it back up through the door to the dispenser?

Thanks

Gene 04-17-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMC (Post 208835)
I apparently have the same or similar problem. I can get water to dispense at the union at the base of the fridge, but there must be a plug or break in the line between the union and the door dispenser.

Gene, how do you install the new fill line? How do you route it back up through the door to the dispenser?

Thanks

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.

RMC 04-21-2010 09:04 PM

It's a ED25CQXFB02.

And I did fix my problem (left the door open ~ 1 hour; apparently the line was frozen).

But just in case (preparing for the possibility?) I would like to know how to change the line.

Thanks

Gene 04-21-2010 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The instructions are attached to the reply.

- The water tube Part number: AP3108776

Part number: AP3108776



Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ED25CQXFB02 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

RMC 04-22-2010 06:17 AM

Thanks Gene.

Any tips on how to feed the new line back through the door?

cybolt 07-29-2010 04:09 PM

Severed Water Line On Ge Tfxw27flr
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 210173)
The instructions are attached to the reply.

- The water tube Part number: AP3108776

Part number: AP3108776



Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ED25CQXFB02 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Gene, I have a similar problem with my GE Profile TFXW27FLR. The water dispenser line was severed apparently right at the point that it enters the hinge on the bottom of the Freezer Door. (At least, I think it goes in/out at the hinge - there is no line there left to verify.)

The mechanism works great but when I press for water, it shoots out of the line at the bottom of the fridge!

How do I replace the line running from the water spout, through the door, out the hinge (I think) and into the union (which is clearly visible at this time?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Cybolt

Gene 07-29-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybolt (Post 247316)
Gene, I have a similar problem with my GE Profile TFXW27FLR. The water dispenser line was severed apparently right at the point that it enters the hinge on the bottom of the Freezer Door. (At least, I think it goes in/out at the hinge - there is no line there left to verify.)

The mechanism works great but when I press for water, it shoots out of the line at the bottom of the fridge!

How do I replace the line running from the water spout, through the door, out the hinge (I think) and into the union (which is clearly visible at this time?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Cybolt

Try to remove the recess panel (#22 on the diagram).

- The water line assembly Part number: AP2643670

Part number: AP2643670



Here are the breakdown diagrams and Freezer door replacement parts for General Electric TFXW27FLR Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

cybolt 07-29-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 247374)
Try to remove the recess panel (#22 on the diagram).

- The water line assembly Part number: AP2643670

Part number: AP2643670



Here are the breakdown diagrams and Freezer door replacement parts for General Electric TFXW27FLR Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Yes, I have removed the recess panel from the inside of the freezer door. None of the parts in the picture above are immediately visible. The only thing I notice is a silver box held by two hex screws that appears to be the backside of the dispenser mechanism.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17