Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
romeroom  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:55:45 AM(UTC)
romeroom

Groups: Registered

Refrigerator stopped cooling yesterday. Have vacuumed the coils. I notice a clicking by the compressor, periodically going on and off, but compressor does not start.

It almost sounds like when you turn off an air conditioner and you power it back on right away, the clicking is heard trying to start the compressor, but it does not start until it has sat for a while.

I'm very handy with fixing appliances and other electrical equipment. I have not had any experience working with refrigerators.

I need to make a decision whether to call a service person very soon. I would appreciate a prompt response with any suggestions you may have. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

golfaroo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2010 9:32:06 AM(UTC)
golfaroo

There is a relay and an overload mounted on the compressor underneath the cap. It might be where your "clicking" is coming from.
romeroom  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2010 9:38:28 AM(UTC)
romeroom

Originally Posted by: golfaroo Go to Quoted Post
There is a relay and an overload mounted on the compressor underneath the cap. It might be where your "clicking" is coming from.

OK, You may be right. There is an eletric connection module of sorts on the side of the the compressor.

Regardless of where the clicking is near there, any thoughts on what may be going on?

Thanks.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2010 3:02:12 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove the compressor relay cover, make a diagrem where the wires go, and order a new start device AP3083556 and make sure you plug in the run capacitor when you replace the relay.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply