Discuss

Samsung Refrigerator not cold-Freezer OK

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

So a week later they came and were imo not very bright. They were testing for the fan in the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Samsung Refrigerator not cold-Freezer OK

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 10:03 AM

tuned200 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

So a week later they came and were imo not very bright. They were testing for the fan in the rear of the fridge to run with the doors open and it would not run, so they tried to put a magnet on the door switch.

In a nutshell, they replaced a small plug inside the fridge behind the light panel. They were not very forthcoming with information and acted insulted when I asked how that was related to the 22E code the displayed.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM

HumboldtRepairMan is on a distinguished road

The problem isn't just the thermistor on the evap area the problem is the location where the manufacture has installed that thermistor..........try a new thermistor and move it 8-10 inches on the evap tubing......It's an engineering flaw samsung has and they won't admit it to the public because tons of their new units have this error i wouldn't be suprised if it ends in a recall for this after all the complaints i've seen.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Techidon441 is on a distinguished road

Hello jmkinch,
I have the same problem on a samsung side by side with twin evaporators. I ohm'd the defroster & got no continuity. Did you do the defroster swap with the assy. in place or loosen it from the chassis somehow? I can't tell if the evap. assy, is riveted or screwed in place. It looks like rivets. I got an estimate of $200 to R&R the entire unit, but I'll have to wait 3-4 days. The evap. assy. runs around $50. Plus I would prefer not tampering with the freon closed system. Your solution sounds easier & simpler. Plus its DIY.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM

Techidon441 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up defroster swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkinch View Post
Got mine fixed. Found that the heater on the refrige evap was bad. Ohmed out and found it to be open. Saw no burns or broken wires. Had to buy the entire evap assy to get the heater. Took off the heater on the new unit and installed it on the original. No need to break the connections on the evap and go through all those issues of reclaiming, sweating new fittings, etc. Heater ohmed out around 70.
HI jmkinch, I have a Samsung RS253-BABB, side by side. Twin evaporators; fridge side had frozen coils. I can see that that the defrost heater is built onto the evaporator coil as a unit. Did an ohms test on the heater coil & got NO continuity. When you did the defroster swap, were you able to loosen the coil assembly from the chassis or did you do it in place? Last time I looked, I couldn't tell if it was screwed or riveted at the bottom. Any tips or tricks to the procedure?
Thanks

Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 AM

tdpower is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtRepairMan View Post
The problem isn't just the thermistor on the evap area the problem is the location where the manufacture has installed that thermistor..........try a new thermistor and move it 8-10 inches on the evap tubing......It's an engineering flaw samsung has and they won't admit it to the public because tons of their new units have this error i wouldn't be suprised if it ends in a recall for this after all the complaints i've seen.
Another one bites the dust here. I have a rs265tdrs/xaa. Fridge side is not cooling. 3 years old. We have a repairman coming on tuesday to look at it. After reading this thread I may look at it today. What would be the reason for moving the thermistor? My guess would be a differrent temp reading triggering difference in defrost cycle. Pretty sad people spend so much money on a fridge and have to re-engineer it. It does not seem like people are having issues with the freezer side. I'm curious what is the difference between the two? Maybe I'll take the freezer apart too and really piss off the wife..lol.

Doing some more searching on fixing it came across this thread. Sounds like this guy got pretty creative on a good fix: http://appliantology.org/topic/30629...odel-rs2555sl/

Last edited by tdpower : 08-04-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:26 AM

jay1028 is on a distinguished road
Default update

Just wanted to let everyone know that the fridge has now been working for more than five (5) years now since I replaced the evaporator thermistor.

Such a small inexpensive part can cause so much damage and frustration.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.