Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cc703  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:43:45 PM(UTC)
cc703

Groups: Registered

Need to wire up a new overload relay and start cap Amana assy # 67005560. Problem is new unit has two conections with start cap attached, exiting unit has relay and overload as individual units each with two wires. Any idea which wires to reconnect and which wires not needed?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:38:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi cc703

There is no an overload relay with the part number 67005560 for the Amana refrigerator with the model number you provided.

According to the Amana parts list for the refrigerator with the model number DRS2662AC it should be the standard PTC relay (#251 on the break down diagram) and the standard overload (#211 on the break down diagram).
Using a wrong start devices could cause damage to the compressor.

- The part number for the PTC relay AP2885

- The part number for the overload AP98740

Good luck.
Gene.
RadioTech1964  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:14:30 AM(UTC)
RadioTech1964

Groups: Registered

Hi, Just ran into the same problem with my unit which is a MSD2454GRW
The PTC for the start relay assy was completely shattered.
This relay was actually a Klixon SP series protector 4SP to be exact with an external 15 mf run cap.

The 67005560 part number looks to be the same as a 5SP relay assy with attached run cap and a 4TM overload made into the package.

Thats the only part i had at my disposal when my unit failed and it did not have the anti-miswire feature but then terminals were marked for line and neutral using the existing units terminations you should be able to eliminate the remote mounted run cap and wire the AC mains into the relay. In my case the orange wire was Line.

Hope this helps.

WT

Originally Posted by: cc703 Go to Quoted Post
Need to wire up a new overload relay and start cap Amana assy # 67005560. Problem is new unit has two conections with start cap attached, exiting unit has relay and overload as individual units each with two wires. Any idea which wires to reconnect and which wires not needed?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply