Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elbebe2525  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 3:08:45 PM(UTC)
elbebe2525

Groups: Registered

My Refrigerator Is Leaking, I Heard That Could Be A Plugged Freezer Drain, I Open The Panel Inside The Freezer And What I Saw It Was A Square Hole Like 2x4 Inches Under The Evaporator Coil My Question Is, It's That The Freezer Drain? Or, Where Do I Located?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 4:29:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRT21P6CW0 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Click on the control box picture Item 17 in Section 3, it will open another view and you will see a tube section coming out of it's back. I believe this is the drain. The tube often runs down the back outside of the unit.

Check the drain hose at the bottom of the unit (drain pan) just to be sure it is not clogged with dust etc. there. It is a little easier to get at.

Once you get it clear. It is a good idea to flush the tubing with a 10% bleach solution a couple times letting it sit 15 minutes or so between flushings.. This should kill any junk growing in the tube and you should be able to flush it out. A turkey baster works to do this. Just be sure not to overflow the drip tray and wear old clothes unless you are into the tie dye look.

Also a good time to clean your condenser coils.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
elbebe2525  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:39:46 PM(UTC)
elbebe2525

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRT21P6CW0 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Click on the control box picture Item 17 in Section 3, it will open another view and you will see a tube section coming out of it's back. I believe this is the drain. The tube often runs down the back outside of the unit.

Check the drain hose at the bottom of the unit (drain pan) just to be sure it is not clogged with dust etc. there. It is a little easier to get at.

Once you get it clear. It is a good idea to flush the tubing with a 10% bleach solution a couple times letting it sit 15 minutes or so between flushings.. This should kill any junk growing in the tube and you should be able to flush it out. A turkey baster works to do this. Just be sure not to overflow the drip tray and wear old clothes unless you are into the tie dye look.

Also a good time to clean your condenser coils.

thank you for send me the diagram that way i find out what the freezer drain was, ok, i did what you told me to do and now my freezer is not leaking any more thank for the info, i hope this helps other people.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply