Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
805Jim  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:48:00 AM(UTC)
805Jim

Groups: Registered

As I opened the door the other day the upper light flashed and went out and at the same time I heard a slight noise for 3-4 seconds that appeared to be coming from the bottom of the refridgerator. Not only was the upper light out but the digital readout for the temp settings were out also along with the two crisper bulbs. I replaced the upper bulb which was bad and checked the crisper bulbs which were ok but still no lights. I removed the door switch to check it out and it seemed to be fine, also checked voltage on the door switch wires and measured 108.8 V. I tried jumping the wires together but that didn't work, I then removed the upper bulb and checked for voltage in the socket but it read 0. I've installed a new door switch ( I broke a tab off the original when I removed it) but don't know where to look next. The freezer light works and the refridgerator is working fine except for the lights.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Carcleve  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:56:16 AM(UTC)
Carcleve

Hi I have this same problem started today .. did you get a reply ? any idea what is causing? Thank you
Gene  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:23:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carcleve Go to Quoted Post
Hi I have this same problem started today .. did you get a reply ? any idea what is causing? Thank you

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Have you checked the voltage at the light switch?

Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:24:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: 805Jim Go to Quoted Post
As I opened the door the other day the upper light flashed and went out and at the same time I heard a slight noise for 3-4 seconds that appeared to be coming from the bottom of the refridgerator. Not only was the upper light out but the digital readout for the temp settings were out also along with the two crisper bulbs. I replaced the upper bulb which was bad and checked the crisper bulbs which were ok but still no lights. I removed the door switch to check it out and it seemed to be fine, also checked voltage on the door switch wires and measured 108.8 V. I tried jumping the wires together but that didn't work, I then removed the upper bulb and checked for voltage in the socket but it read 0. I've installed a new door switch ( I broke a tab off the original when I removed it) but don't know where to look next. The freezer light works and the refridgerator is working fine except for the lights.

Jim,

Sorry we missed your question. Did you find the solution?

Gene.
805Jim  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:57:35 AM(UTC)
805Jim

Originally Posted by: Carcleve Go to Quoted Post

I found another post with the same problem (see post by ADAMSPAKA on 2/14/2010) I replaced the same part, Electronic Control Board Part # AP4334000 and that fixed it. It may be a different part number for yours also the part number had changed from what was originally in the fridge and the way I ended up having to get the part number was entering the part number that ADAM had and if you look up that part it has an option to see if it fits your fridge. ADAMSPAKA gives a good description of the boards location in the bottom left hand corner of the refrigerator inside a plastic box, I didn't have much trouble changing it myself and I bought the part on this site. Let me know if you need additional info.
805Jim  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:59:41 AM(UTC)
805Jim

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Jim,

Sorry we missed your question. Did you find the solution?

Gene.

Yes Gene, you answered a post by ADAMSPAKA on 2/14/2010 who had the same problem and that fixed mine also.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 3:38:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jim,

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply