Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bilbo_Baggins  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:08:12 PM(UTC)
Bilbo_Baggins

Groups: Registered

I called the GE consumer report number to ask about a free replacement for the main board of our GE Prfile refigerator. The customer service rep is willing to replace the part but wants to charge me $100 for the service call. I referred her to the November 2006 concession letter sentence that said the part would be replaced free of charge. Her reply was that labor was free only for the first three years after purchase. I told her that was not what the concession letter says. Her only reply was that she would "pass that information on." Does anyone know whether this free part replacement was ordered by a court? What recourse do I have to paying for the service call?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cowboy133  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:23:57 AM(UTC)
cowboy133

We had the same conversation with GE. I don't know how a company can charge you labor to fix a defect they know they have in a control board. This is a very wide spread problem covering every model with the wr55x10552, they are replacing it with the wr55x10942 updated board. That would be like Ford charging to fix your car with a recall. I know this is not a recall but they have a concession later which is admitting they have a board.... I will never buy GE again. Their service reps are very rude and start yelling at you on phone calling you a liar and there is no such program but they will replace the board for a labor charge. SCAMMMMM
(ô¿ò)  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:02:56 PM(UTC)
(ô¿ò)

put it on a ccard and reverse it or write a check and cancel it..simple or let them repair it and say here is my warranty to take with you for payment..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply