Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paulfromflorida  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 8:57:41 AM(UTC)
Paulfromflorida

Groups: Registered

:confused:
In Dec. 2006, I purchased a Kenmore 32 bottle wine celler refrigerator for my wife. It worked great for keeping the temperature at 59 degrees. 2 weeks ago, I noted the temperature was reading 73, the same as the house temp. I noted that the left side of the unit had a cool moisture on it, and that the copper coil in the back was ice cold. I unplugged the unit for about an hour, then plugged it back in. The unit worked perfect, and got the temperature to 59. Last week, the temperature again returned to 73. Again, the left side of the unit had cold moisture on it, and the copper tubing was cold. The black coils on the back of the unit were warm and are free of dirt and lint. I unpluged for about an hour, then plugged it back in. The compressor engaged then shut off after a minute, the cool moisture on the side of the unit appeared, and the copper tube was ice cold. I cannot figure this out. The unit is level and about 2 inches of space is between the wall and the unit. Am I having a compressor problem, a thermostat issue, or what? Thanks for your assistance! Paul.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.