Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rracorcey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:15:29 PM(UTC)
rracorcey

Groups: Registered

Hello! First time on this board.

I have a 25 year old Frigidaire side-by-side (yeah, I know, an antique) that otherwise has given good service. I've had to repair the ice maker controller board contacts from time to time, but the ice maker has finally died. I can manually get the cycle started by pulling off the controller motor wires and applying 120 vac to the motor. Motor turns ok, switch plungers work, ice drops into bucket, and it fills with water when the cycle is through. I just can't get it to work automatically. Being an EE, and a tinkerer, I have about played out the controller's hand. I thought the thermistor might be bad, but have no real way to check out the board.

Anyway, the original controller board does not appear to be available. Closest possible replacement is Frigidaire p/n 5303918277 (Appliance Parts Pro p/n AP3160597), especially since it says it's useable for "pre-1991" Frigidaires. I would like to know if any of the experts on the board here have had any experience retrofitting this model ice maker to 1984 vintage Frigidaires. Will it fit mechanically, and is the electrical not too hard to hook up?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide!

- Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.