Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:54:47 PM(UTC)
davidp

Groups: Registered

So i was having issues with the evap coils defrosting in the freezer, through alot of research and work, replaced the defrost timer, that did not fix the problem, i ended up bypassing the defrost thermostat, and the coils got hot, so, i replaced, the thermostat with a new unit, and still seem to have the same problems. i am lost at this point, i dont know if the new unit is bad, or if there is a diffrent problem. PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:26:28 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
To recap:
The defrost heater checks out OK. There is a possibility that it is intermittent but this is slim.

The defrost thermostat has been replaced so it is probably OK. I am assuming you clipped it back in the same position as it was originally.

The defrost timer has been replaced but this is the part that I would put at the top of the list.
Rotate the cam till you go into a defrost cycle and then continue rotating till it just comes out of defrost. With a pen mark a point on the cam and on the units frame/cover so you can tell if it is rotating. Do this on a day that you will be home so you can check it on a regular basis. Check it every hour or so, if it hangs up in one spot then your replacement timer is no good.

Another possibility is a bad connection somewhere in the defrost circuit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply