Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TFinleyosu  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:01:28 AM(UTC)
TFinleyosu

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire Ice Maker in my side-by-side is not working properly. The ice maker get's 90% the way through its cycle and then hangs before breaking off into the ice into the bucket. The ice seems to be formed properly. I have been using my hand each time I think about it and break off the ice myself by just pulling off the ice. As soon as a break off the ice the forks rotate around for another cycle.

I have two ideas of what is wrong.

1. The forks that rotate the ice up and out after the ice is formed might be out of sync with the whole cycle.

2. The motor to turn the forks might not powerful enough to break off the ice any more.

Additional Information: I just bought my house a month ago and the fridge was included in the sale. I am pretty sure that the ice maker was working before. When they moved out, they shut off the ice maker and cleaned all of the old ice out for me, so I when I moved in, I had to turn it back on after a couple of days.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.