Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mcfly57  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:58:54 PM(UTC)
Mcfly57

Groups: Registered

We purchased a GE Arctica fridge about 5 years ago. The bottom meat compartment does not shut anymore as the prongs broke off the cover. So I ordered what I thought was the correct piece from Appliance Parts Pros (part #200D2164P001) the one that came in the mail is 200D1069P001 and it is identical except there are no place to screw into (missing 4 screw holes). The rep here said
"It looks like this part has been issued by the manufacturer as a substitution for the original part that was in your appliance. It may look different; but if its number is specifically listed for your model number, it should be compatible. Keep in mind, manufacturers frequently redesign parts to meet their current production needs. To get the best expert advice on installing any part, you are always welcome to use our free repair help forum."

Ok, so now I am bewildered. Do I have to buy a whole new drawer and all the pieces that go with the drawer or is there a way to install this cover so the drawer will work? Help!

bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.