Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stormin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:06:57 PM(UTC)
stormin

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator that stopped making ice a while back. The LEDs for the control unit would not register so I just replaced those. Now the arms appear to be working properly and the LEDs work properly but the water is not filling at any point in the process. I have disconnected the line from the back and blown through it and it is clear (i.e. the line is not frozen). Also, the door water works fine. All I can think is the valve is bad also (the side that operates the ice maker). Any possbility that it is some other circuit board? Is there a way to test the valve? Lastly, would both of these going bad at the same time make sense?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.