Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rhally  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:40:11 AM(UTC)
Rhally

Groups: Registered

We bought this chest freezer for the lower drawer, which was supposed to be slightly warmer than the upper chest, suitable for ice cream storage. It was also supposed to be frostfree but over time, it did get a coat of ice built up. The lower drawer stopped opening more than a year ago. We just kept using the top. I got a new fridge with a big freezer section.

I finally unplugged the chest freezer today but even after waiting hours for any ice to melt, the bottom drawer won't open.

Is there a drawing of the insides of this thing somewhere so I might be able to remove the drawer front or something and somehow get the drawer unstuck? The door to the top compartment has two exposed hinges - is it possible to pry off the plastic ring around the top of the freezer and remove the liner to get at the lower drawer?

I have no idea how this thing is put together. It has worked well enough that I'd like to keep it but this stuck drawer is very upsetting and makes the freezer far less useful.

Thanks for any help!

PS: Should I upload photos of the unit? Or put a link to photos? Would that help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.