Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZACHBOBKAY  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:17:02 AM(UTC)
ZACHBOBKAY

Groups: Registered

Sir, I have a Whirlpool double door frig. approx. 10 years old. The frig. will not cycle, nor dump ice from the ice-maker and it has been running continually for what I suspect to be many hours, we noticed it for the first time last evening. My wife & I noticed a clicking sound and when I pulled it out away from the wall and removed the bottom cardboard cover on back, I was able to determine the clicking sound is coming from the compressor. Upon further examination we noticed the freezer was starting to thaw. I suspect the compressor has gone out, but would like someone's else's ideas as well. The fact that the freezer is thawing does suggest the compressor has gone CAPUTT! If it is the compressor, would you recommend spending $240.00 for the compressor plus the cost of installation or would you just haul it away & get a new one? Thanks for any help or suggestions. Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.