Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aliceej  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 7:52:45 AM(UTC)
aliceej

Groups: Registered

:confused:

Ok, so a few months ago the ice maker just stopped freezing the ice solid and then started spilling over. I have not had time to deal with it so I just turned it off. Now the Ice cream does not freeze; it is more like the texture of pudding. There is frost all over everything most of the time. I put a thermometer in and it was reading 20 degrees but I took everything out and now it is reading closer to 30. I have no clue what is going on or what to do about it.

What do I do and does this sound like a simple fix?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dbaas  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:08:01 AM(UTC)
dbaas

The advice I got was to clean the condensor in the back of the refrigerator. It should be obvious which component it is because if it is dirty it will have dust all over it. I used vacuum and a damp rag. That fixed my problem for a week and I thought I had it. But its melting ice and won't keep the ice cream frozen all the time. I'm very close to ordering the main board for the refrigerator and installing it myself. But, I want to see if there is a check for this first. Good luck I hope one of the pro's answers your question.
aliceej  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:26:53 AM(UTC)
aliceej

I don't know much about them for forgive me for asking. Did you just pull it out from the wall and clean the back or is more than that or located somewhere else? They don't have a diagram for my model on here so I am flying blind.

Thanks.
dbaas  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:42:53 AM(UTC)
dbaas

I just pulled the frig out far enough to get behind it. I had to take off a panel, it should be near the floor, mine was the width of the frig. about a foot tall and about 8 screws. There is a fan on one side, be careful of it cause kinda fragile but the condenser is about a foot long and about a foot round. Ours is about 3 years old so we had quite a bit of dust around it.
aliceej  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:47:22 AM(UTC)
aliceej

Ok thanks. Good to know. Will see what i can do.
aliceej  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:24:31 PM(UTC)
aliceej

Ok, so I pulled it out and cleaned off the dirt. I used a can of air to even clean under the fridge which seemed to help as long as the fridge is pulled out from the wall. When I push it back in with the proper clearance the temp goes from a little above 0 to about 30 degrees. The ice maker is working now, at least it seems to be. I will know more tomorrow. Not entirely convinced that I have fixed my problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply