Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hockey468  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 10:34:33 AM(UTC)
hockey468

Groups: Registered

Problem:
The water dispenser on my Kenmore Refrigerator is leaking. Its not a normal leak as you would think. The dispenser will operate normally but after using it, an hour later a small amount of water will drip out and then this will continue every hour. I browsed this forum and found that someone had mentioned to replace the water inlet valve, I did so and it still does the same thing. I've drained well over 6 gallons of water to clear any air out of the line. Anyone know what else may cause this leak to occur?

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

phlflyers1  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:29:13 AM(UTC)
phlflyers1

I am having same issue with my Kenmore Side by Side fridge. It stopped leaking after a while then yesterday i replaced the water filter and now after I dispense water it drips continually then stops after 5 minutes or so.
hockey468  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:34:06 AM(UTC)
hockey468

Actually, that is exactly when mine started having the issue, right after I replaced the water filter. I orginally thought maybe it was the filter and replaced it with another filter. Still no luck. Had an appliance repair shop come out and look at it and they couldn't figure it out. Anyone know what else could cause this issue? Seems as if there is pressure building up somewhere between the filter and the valve??
zbecktex  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:44:13 PM(UTC)
zbecktex

I've got the same issue - Kenmore fridge. Never had a problem with ice or water through the door, and I change the water filter about ever 6-9 months. A couple weeks back I changed the water filter, and now I've got a periodic, slow drip from the water dispenser. Sometimes it slows down or stops altogether, but it's sort of random. Usually it will drip a bit after using the water dispenser, and then stop. Sometimes it will drip slowly for a bit, then quickly for a time, and then stop. I took the filter out and reinstalled it but that didn't seem to help.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:34:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zbecktex Go to Quoted Post
I've got the same issue - Kenmore fridge. Never had a problem with ice or water through the door, and I change the water filter about ever 6-9 months. A couple weeks back I changed the water filter, and now I've got a periodic, slow drip from the water dispenser. Sometimes it slows down or stops altogether, but it's sort of random. Usually it will drip a bit after using the water dispenser, and then stop. Sometimes it will drip slowly for a bit, then quickly for a time, and then stop. I took the filter out and reinstalled it but that didn't seem to help.

Had you evacuate at least 2 gallons of water after you replaced the water filter?

If you did and it did not help, possible the problem is a bad water inlet valve.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply