Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mr.ken  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2009 8:23:25 AM(UTC)
mr.ken

Groups: Registered

I have a GE monogram built in and the ice maker has not worked in quite a while. I had replaced the water inlet valve, and ice maker but still had no ice. Last week I had a repair man here who said I was getting inadequate water to the icemaker, and the cause was the inlet valve. He replaced the original dual valve with a single, since I dont have a water dispenser. There was still inadequate water. I pulled the refrigerator today and there was a kink in the supply line to the fridge which I fixed, but still no water. As it turns out, the filter was very clogged. I replaced that and had good water pressure. I hooked the new single valve back up and turned on water, and got buzzing from the valve, and water pouring from the inlet tube to the ice maker. I suspected a possible faulty valve, so I reinstalled the dual valve the technician had removed , and didnt get buzzing, but got the same water flow from the fill tube into the ice maker, and the ice maker would overflow. It seems like maybe the valve isnt operating???? Im probably going to have top call the tech back, but wondering if anyone has any ideas.Maybe the icemaker itself is faulty and sending wrong signals to the valve????

Any thoughts are appreciated.....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mr.ken  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 7:45:09 AM(UTC)
mr.ken

anyone????
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:31:19 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
...He replaced the original dual valve with a single, since I dont have a water dispenser...

The diagram and parts list for the model you posted show a water dispenser. What happened to yours?

Water starts to go as soon as you plug in the ice maker or it does it later? Does it stop by it self or it runs nonstop?

There are two pairs of wires for the water vale: one for the ice maker and another one for the water dispenser. Which one did you connect to the ice maker water valve?

Gene.
mr.ken  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:45:50 AM(UTC)
mr.ken

Mine never had a water dispenser. As soon as you turn on water it flies and doesn't stop. I had the repair guy out again and he called ge yech support. They told him the inlet valve wasn't closing due to inadequate pressure. They told him there are only 2 possible causes. A bad inlet valve or a clogged water filter housing assembly. Since the valve is new he says it's the housing. They want 425 to replace it bur the part is only 80 dollars
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:24:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
...Mine never had a water dispenser...

Does it have an ice dispenser on the door?

Quote:
...As soon as you turn on water it flies and doesn't stop...

Would it do it if the ice maker is Off? Would it do it if the ice maker unplugged?

Gene
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply