Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JAMHDIT  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:46:36 AM(UTC)
JAMHDIT

Groups: Registered

My Dispenser Controls Dont Wok

Aparently There Was A Flaw In The Design Of The Wires From The Freezer Door To The Main Cabnet. The Wires Broke In The First Year, I Had A Repairman Come Out And He Just Patched The Wires. Of Course This Didnt Last Very Long And The Dispenser Door Controls Dont Work Again..

I See The Part Is Available Here #ap3181023.
The Problem Is It Goes Thru The Freezer Door And Its Foam Filled.

I Read Somewhere There Is Or Was Some Super Secret Warrenty Progam From Kitchenaid And Wirlpool Where They Replaced The Door. Can Some One Either Tell Me About The Top Secrtet Warrenty Or Tell Me How To Fish The Wires Thru The Foam Filled Door?

This Is A Great Refer Just Been Agrivating That The Controls Have Only Worked For Less Than Half It's Life.

Thanks Jam
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JAMHDIT  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 10:36:08 AM(UTC)
JAMHDIT

Does Anyone Read And Reply To These. Sure Could Use Some Help Here

Jam
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 6:01:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jam,

Quote:
...The Problem Is It Goes Thru The Freezer Door And Its Foam Filled...

It is the major problem. On some models the inner door liner can be removed, but I'm not sure if it's possible with your refrigerator. Also I did not find the wire harness with the part number you posted in this model parts list. The only freezer door wire harness shown is AP3133416 (#11 on the diagram).

Quote:
...I Read Somewhere There Is Or Was Some Super Secret Warrenty Progam From Kitchenaid And Wirlpool Where They Replaced The Door...

I never heard about such program.

Gene.
JAMHDIT  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:16:42 AM(UTC)
JAMHDIT

You Are Correct It Is That Part # Yes #11 On Diagram.

So You Mentioned The Foam Filled Dore Is It Possible To At Least Get The Whole Dispenser Off The Door So I Can Fish These Wires?
JAMHDIT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:26:55 AM(UTC)
JAMHDIT

Thats One Of The Problems Gene. Most Of These Sites Show The Wrong Part For #11. The Corract Harness Is My Part # Ap3181023. Type It In And Look At It. The # They Are Showing Here Is Actually In The Dispenser Not The Door Bottom.. Its Pretty Agrivating. You A Pro Admit It Is A Problem And Must Have Repaired A Few. Can You Please Tell Me The Fix You Have Used Or How Do I Get This Door Appart. I Am Quite Handy
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:42:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

The wire harness is shown on the freezer door diagram (#11) only, with the part number AP3133416 (OEM part number 2203170).

I did check it with a few different web sites, including non public parts distributors and got exactly same result. Where did you find the part number AP3181023?

I'm afraid the freezer door for this particular model is not serviceable and the dispenser housing is not removable, because there is no that wire harness listed as a separate part for this model.

If the inner door liner can be separated from the outer door, it should be visible under the door gasket.

Gene.
JAMHDIT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:52:45 PM(UTC)
JAMHDIT

I Got The Part # Here Buy Looking At All Avalable Parts For That Model #

If You Type That Part # Into This Site You Can See The Part And Its Description .

It Is The Correct Harness For This Job.

I Guess They Will Sell You The Part With No Possible Way To Install It
JAMHDIT  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:03:44 PM(UTC)
JAMHDIT

So Gene

When You Ran Into This Problem On This Model How Did You Fix It?
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 2:13:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: JAMHDIT Go to Quoted Post
I Got The Part # Here Buy Looking At All Avalable Parts For That Model #

If You Type That Part # Into This Site You Can See The Part And Its Description .

It Is The Correct Harness For This Job.

I Guess They Will Sell You The Part With No Possible Way To Install It

I did search the parts list for this Model KSCS25FJSS01 forth and back a few times and did not see this part number.

Yes, if you will type Part number: AP3181023
Part number: AP3181023

into the Search box, it will show you the picture, price, description and availability, but how you can be sure this is the correct part For This Job if it's not in the model number parts list?

If I were to have such problems (which I have had in from my experience), there would be three different scenarios:

- End of a broken wire is long enough to fix it without door disassembly (the easiest situation).

- Door can be taken apart. The job is pretty expensive because it is long and complicated. 95% of owners decided to stay with no water and ice through the door.

- Door is not serviceable and has to be replaced (whole door). Not worth it because of the door price.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply