Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvtran  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:04:39 PM(UTC)
jvtran

Groups: Registered

Hello All. Got a Whirpool ED5FHAXSQ02 side by side. In the last month, the ice maker is not making ice. Feeling inside the ice maker, it is completely dry. Changed out the water filter on the bottom front of the fridge (Part# 4396841), flushed it for 5 mins, and the water dispensor works just fine and pressure is normal. With freezer door open, closed and opened the ice maker optical flap multiple times and it seems to works ok. With flap in close position, the red LED stay lit. With the flap in the open position (blocking the optical view), the red LED flashes once per sec. Slid the on/off switch for the ice maker several times and I thought I could hear a slight relay click coming from the ice maker area. I've noticed that there is a water line on the back of the fridge feeding from the bottom to the top. I assume this is feed to the ice maker. Noticed once in a while, water will stream slightly from the top of the fridge where this water line enters. Seems to me like there is something blocking the water from getting to the ice maker? Thanks for the advice...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.