Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbender  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 3:51:12 PM(UTC)
dbender

Groups: Registered

The ice maker on my Kitchenaid side-by-side KSRT25CRSS01 makes ice but does not dispense it. The flapper door in the chute opens, but the auger does not turn. I assume it's a problem with the motor.

I found a link to a tech manual that describes how to test voltages at the motor connector and, if necessary, remove and replace the motor. But it is evidently for a different model refrigerator, because I cannot find the motor housing cover to gain access to the motor and connector. Am I overlooking something? Thanks in advance.

Duane
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MaryS910  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:14:41 PM(UTC)
MaryS910

I am having a problem with the exact same icemaker so will be interested to see if you get any replies. I have my manual but do you have a link to parts or a schematic for this refrigerator? The motor works fine on mine and my problem is with the 'Trap Door". About 6 weeks ago, the dispenser got clogged up and I had to use a wooden spoon to loosen some of the ice. Now that "flapper door", as you call it (I think in the manual it is a trap door?) seems to be free floating. I dont know where it's supposed to attach and if it is broken or just out of place.

Any thoughts, y'all?

THANKS!

Mary
dbender  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:16:34 AM(UTC)
dbender

Here's a link to the ice maker manual I found. It appears to be exactly like our Kitchenaid ice makers, except that it doesn't have the access panel to the motor. Maybe it will have what you need.

http://tinyurl.com/6yowgb

Duane
MaryS910  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:51:37 PM(UTC)
MaryS910

Duane,
Thanks so much for that link! While it doesn't say anything about how the trap door fits in there, it does give me a better idea of how it all works. Do you think I should remove the outside framing on the dispenser on the outside of the door to gain better access to the trap door part? I wonder if it just pops off or if there are hidden screws...

If you have a chance, could you do me a favor? With the ice bin and the white mounting part underneath off, would you look down the dispenser hole from the inside and tell me if the black trap door is hidden or visible? I am wondering if it retracts or just hangs there and where it attaches. If I thought a store still had the model, I'd go and look and take a picture with my cell phone, lol!

Thanks again! :)
Mary
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply